Friday, July 8, 2011

The Raising by Laura Kasischke

At first I was afraid it was going to be a vampire story, and so I was glad it definitely wasn't. I enjoyed the combination of characters from the academic world--most of the book is set on a college campus--and the subplot with a professor in death studies. I learned stuff while reading this book.

Plus: Suspenseful; well-developed characters

Minus: Somewhat unsatisfying resolution (I always want evil people to be punished appropriately.)

3 comments:

  1. I clicked to look inside, but instead it just took me to the picture. Well played, Ms. P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just ganked that pic from amazon, you doofus. Har! What the hell have you been up to? Email me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've lost your e-mail (computer crash). Shoot me a line at psyouthernphreak@gmail.com. :)

    ReplyDelete